Headquarters United States
Beckhoff Automation LLC
As soon as possible
Beckhoff implements open automation systems using proven PC-based control technology. The main areas that the product range covers are industrial PCs, I/O and fieldbus components, drive technology, automation software, control cabinet-free automation, and hardware for machine vision.
- Take lead/ownership of subset of TwinCAT automation software product family. This includes the following functions related to those products:
- become knowledgeable with the functions and features of your software products; customer will expect detailed conversation about your products
- support training and product introduction for new products for team members, external colleagues, and early adopter clients
- provide application approach strategies using TwinCAT software tools and functions for both internal colleagues and external clients
- stay knowledgeable about competitor offerings, trends in our controls market, and feedback about software product needs in our market our customer base
- direct connection with product team at Beckhoff German Headquarters to communicate product requirements/feature requests, as well as escalated major product functional issues
- listen for, and look for ways to improve your software products (usability, feature sets, innovations and communicate this to Beckhoff German Product Managers to be implemented)
- identify “product solutions”, fulfilling common solutions in industry by bringing together various products from the expansive Beckhoff portfolio; manage creation of the solution or sample solution
- create knowledge base articles, updating wiki and small group trainings
- develop and execute launch strategies new products within U.S. market
- work with Marketing Communications to create product promotion materials such as videos, webinars, articles
- create and/or refine product message for field team to deliver to clients (product use cases, advantages, success stories)
- create software demos to promote product features, includes industry trade show demos, digitally accessible demos, sample code/projects, etc.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- programming of web technologies (HTML5/JS/CSS)
- experience in sophisticated development environments and tools such as CI/CD, source control offerings, build servers, etc.
- Computer science concepts in including source control and object oriented programming (OOP)
- automation systems architecture and planning
- industrial controls systems and programming
- IEC 61131-3 and 3rd programming languages
- experience with TwinCAT software
- experience with Industrial HMI software and applications
- basic familiarity with industrial fieldbuses/EtherCAT
- optional: experience with MATLAB®/Simulink®
- optional: experience with LabVIEW
- optional: experience with Machine Learning
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field from a four-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience, 5-8 years’ experience
- ideally experience on commercial aspects of product, i.e. Product Management, Sales, etc.
- experience with industrial control systems (PLC, embedded, PC-based, etc.)
- ability to handle multiple issues, prioritizing and effectively managing team resources.
- ability to lead team efforts in recognizing large scale issues and coordinate efforts with other team members to quickly solve large scale problems
- ability to relate well in a customer service role with technology end users.
- ability to work in a high stress environment while maintaining professionalism.
- excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present to clients, companywide, and/or departmental meetings
- an active and valid driver’s license with the ability to travel
- exciting tasks in an international environment at the technology leader in automation
- a future-proof job with an economically sound global player
- all advantages of an owner-managed family company
- an open and family-oriented corporate culture
- freedom for personal expansion and professional development
Beckhoff Automation LLC
13130 Dakota Avenue
Savage, MN 55378