Beckhoff Automation Ltd.
As soon as possible
Beckhoff Automation is a fast-growing manufacturer of industrial automation solutions, specializing in PC-based controls. The company generated revenues of 1.182 billion euros globally during fiscal year 2021. Our product range covers industrial PCs, I/O and fieldbus components, drive technology, industrial automation software, control cabinet-free automation, and hardware for machine vision. Product ranges that can be used as separate components or integrated into a complete and mutually compatible control system are available for all sectors. With representation in more than 75 countries, Beckhoff is well positioned to provide outstanding global sales support and service to its customers.
Beckhoff Automation Canada has an exciting opportunity to join our Technical Support team. In this role you learn about Beckhoff’s wide variety of cutting-edge products and technologies. You will also have opportunities to learn from highly experienced and educated automation specialists and explore everything the automation industry has to offer. The ideal candidate will have passion for technology and continuous learning.
- respond to customer technical inquiries efficiently, professionally and with confidence
- develop professional automation system quotations by understanding and interpreting customer technical requirements in coordination with internal resources e.g., Sales, Application Engineering and Product Specialists
- provide first-line technical support for Beckhoff’s PC-based control technology including TwinCAT 3 software, system hardware and advanced motion control systems
- prioritize incoming requests, escalate problems when required or appropriate
- build and maintain a high level of knowledge of Beckhoff Automation products and related technologies
- participate in on-call support on rotation to triage and troubleshoot after hours service requests
- provide intermediate product evaluation within the RMA team
- other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor or Technologist degree in Engineering or related technical field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Recent graduates welcome.
- an understanding of industrial automation hardware and software
- self-starter with a results driven personality
- strong analytical and reasoning skills
- ability to work in a high stress environment while maintaining professionalism
- excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present to customers and/or departmental meetings
- exciting tasks in an international environment at the technology leader in industrial automation
- a future-proof job with an economically sound global player
- all advantages of an owner-managed family company
- freedom for personal expansion and professional development