01st September 2009
Beckhoff C6930 control cabinet PC: High data security and high performance with space-saving design
Ultra compact Industrial PC with RAID system
The new C6930 control cabinet PC from Beckhoff combines everything a cutting-edge Industrial PC requires in a compact aluminum housing: a 3½-inch Beckhoff Motherboard designed for Intel® Core™ Duo or Core™ 2 Duo, a wide range of PC interfaces, up to three Ethernet ports, e.g. for EtherCAT-based controllers and optional fieldbus interfaces for conventional bus systems. The C6930 offers high data security through an integrated RAID system for mirroring hard disks.
Back to overview
The C69xx control cabinet PC series currently includes four devices with compact designs, ranging from the C6915 mini PC with Intel® Atom™ CPU to the new compact C6930 IPC with impressively small dimensions of only 89 x 231 x 119 mm (W x H x D). The compact Industrial PC is designed for control cabinet installation and features a 3½-inch Beckhoff Motherboard for Intel® Core™ Duo or Core™ 2 Duo. Cooling fins behind the right-hand side panel enable fanless operation of the PC at temperatures up to 55 °C (131 °F).
The C6930 has an on-board SATA RAID controller for mirroring two hard disks. It can be used for convenient configuration of RAID applications supported by TwinCAT automation software. In addition to or instead of the hard drive, a flash disk can be integrated in the form of a Compact Flash card (CF) or a solid-state disk (SSD). The result is high data security that can be enhanced further through optional UPS functionality.
The C6930 features two free plug connector panels for additional interfaces installed ex works such as RS232, sound and two additional USB ports. Optional fieldbus interfaces, e.g. for PROFIBUS, CANopen, DeviceNet or SERCOS; a third Ethernet port or a NOVRAM memory module for fail-safe storage of process data can be connected via a free Mini PCI slot.
The compact C6930 control cabinet PC is ideally suited for application as a central controller in an EtherCAT-based control system. It is equipped with two standard and an optional Ethernet port and offers optimum performance for all EtherCAT control tasks.
- Industrial PC for space-saving control cabinet installation
- processor Intel® Core™ Duo/Intel® Core™2 Duo
- 3½-inch motherboard
- 512 MB DDR2RAM, expandable ex factory to 3 GB
- on-board graphic adapter, Intel® GMA950, DVI-I connector
- on-board dual Ethernet adapter with 1 x 10/100BASE-T and 1 x 100/1000BASE-T connector
- on-board SATA RAID 1 controller, Intel® Matrix Storage Technology
- 1 hard disk, 2½-inch, 40 GB (optional: second 2½-inch hard disk or SSD instead of hard disk)
- 1 serial RS232 interface, 4 USB 2.0 ports
- slot for 1 Compact Flash card behind front flap
- optional: Mini PCI card with fieldbus interface, Ethernet port or NOVRAM
- optional: second serial port led out as RS232, RS422 or RS485, sound line inputs and outputs or 2 USB 2.0 ports
- operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Embedded or Windows XP Professional
- protection class: IP 20
- operating temperature range: 0…55 °C (32…131 °F)
- weight of the basic configuration: 2.1 kg (4.6 lbs)
- dimensions (W x H x D): 89 x 231 x 119 mm, without mounting plate