ET9000 | EtherCAT configurator
Through clear definition of the interfaces in the EtherCAT specification an EtherCAT master can be developed without having to develop a configurator at the same time. The EtherCAT configurator is aimed at EtherCAT master developers who want to use it or integrate and distribute it with their software package.
The Windows software for configuring an EtherCAT network includes a configurator for:
- reading XML device descriptions (ESI)
- generating XML configuration descriptions (ENI)
- online features
- scanning of EtherCAT networks
- free-run online mode for commissioning
- topology representation
- Automation software interface starts the configurator as COM server.
- COM interface
- XML interface for parameter exchange between client and server
- Safety configuration, EL69xx Safety PLC (Safety over EtherCAT)
- including embedded graphical user interface
- EXE file, executable under Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 10
The EtherCAT configurator is not required if the TwinCAT software from Beckhoff is used.