The data of the TwinSAFE SC components are transferred via a TwinSAFE protocol to the TwinSAFE Logic, where they can be used in the context of safety-relevant applications. Detailed examples for the correct application of the TwinSAFE SC components and the respective normative classification, which were confirmed/calculated by TÜV SÜD, can be found in the TwinSAFE application manual.
Typical application scenarios for analog value processing with TwinSAFE SC using two different measurement methods are:
- Speed monitoring: Drive with safety function (e.g. STO) and sin/cos encoder with EL5021-0090
- Temperature measurement: Thermocouple type K with EL3312 and PT1000 measuring resistance with EL3214-0090
- Level measurement: Ultrasonic sensor (0…10 V) with EP3172-0092 and level probe (4…20 mA) with EL3152
- Pressure measurement: Pressure sensor (IO-Link interface) with EL6224 and a pressure sensor (4…20 mA) with EL3124-0090
- Monitoring of lifting devices, slack cable detection and overload: SG sensors on the guide pulleys with EL3356-0090 and EL3751
The combination of ELX terminals with the TwinSAFE SC technology additionally represents a highly compact solution for applications with requirements for intrinsically safe signal transmission and functional safety. The ELX terminals with TwinSAFE SC thus enable the direct connection of intrinsically safe field devices up to zone 0/20.