The EtherCAT Terminals from the EL2xxx, ES2xxx, ELM2xxx, EM2xx and ELX2xxx series are intended for the processing of digital/binary signals. Unless otherwise stated, the high level corresponds to the supply voltage in the positive switching logic, the low level corresponds to ground. With the ground-switching logic, it is reversed. Different supply voltages are available for both types of logic. 1-, 2-, 3- and 4-wire connection techniques enable the use of EtherCAT Terminals in almost all applications without further wiring.
- fine scalability of channel density and functional scope
- compact solutions due to high packing density
- synchronization of the switching process with other processes with µs precision thanks to the XFC timestamp function with some terminals
- numerous special functions for optimizing machine control, e.g. overexcitation, switch-on at the zero crossing point of the AC voltage, oversampling
Areas of application:
- switching of standard actuators such as contactors and valves
- increased machine efficiency/clock rate due to XFC I/Os
- control of LED lighting for vision applications
- simple connection e.g. of external relay cards via ribbon cable connection
Ex i, outputs
The ELX2xxx EtherCAT Terminal series allows the direct connection of an intrinsically safe actuator from potentially explosive atmospheres of zones 0/20 and 1/21.
The EL29xx EtherCAT Terminal series switches actuators or the potential supply fail-safe. The safety-relevant data are exchanged via FSoE with a TwinSAFE Logic-capable component.