The EJ3xxx series EtherCAT plug-in modules process the most diverse analog signals. On the one hand, the standard signals typically encountered in the automation industry, such as 0 to 10 V, ±10 V, 0 to 20 mA and 4 to 20 mA, are supported and pre-processed. On the other, measured variables such as resistance or temperature.
In terms of technology, the EJxxxx EtherCAT plug-in modules are usually based on the ELxxxx EtherCAT Terminal with matching name. This allows initial tests to be carried out with EL terminals, while the corresponding EJ module on the signal distribution board is used in subsequent series production.
Distributed Clocks and XFC for speed and precision
Some of the EJ3xxx modules also support XFC technology (eXtreme Fast Control Technology), which enables fast, deterministic responses in the µs range. This technology enables fast I/O response times, oversampling of the input signal and precise time measurement for events at the input with a resolution of 1 ns. Thanks to the EtherCAT Distributed Clocks technology, which is implemented in many analog EtherCAT devices, high-precision synchronization of Distributed Clocks-capable devices in the network can be achieved with a synchronization accuracy of <<1 µs.
- robust measurement of analog signals with long-term availability
- finely scalable channel density and functionality
- extensive setting and diagnostic options in the modules via the EtherCAT bus
- Distributed Clocks functionality for precise acquisition of the timestamp of an input signal and synchronization of the network
- optionally calibrated modules
Areas of application:
- production machines
- test systems
- energy generation systems