The small controller with integrated multi-function I/Os
The CX7000 Embedded PC series opens up the 3 software environment to compact controllers. Equipped with an ARM Cortex™-M7 processor (32 bit, 480 MHz), the CX70xx makes higher processing power available in the compact controller segment. Furthermore, all the advantages of the TwinCAT 3 software generation can be utilized. The extremely compact design with dimensions of just 49 mm x 100 mm x 72 mm ensures optimum scalability of PC-based control for small controller applications that typically require minimum footprint.
The CX70xx offers directly integrated multi-functional I/O channels:
- 8 digital inputs, 24 V DC, filter 3 ms, type 3
- 4 digital outputs, 24 V DC, 0.5 A, 1-wire technology
These integrated multi-functional I/Os can be configured for other operating modes via TwinCAT 3, enabling the option to use fast counting or processing of analog values:
- counter mode: 1 x 100 kHz digital counter input, 1 x digital input as up/down counter, 2 x digital counter outputs
- incremental encoder mode: 2 x digital inputs for 250 kHz encoder signal, 2 x digital encoder outputs
- analog signal mode: 2 x digital inputs configured as analog inputs 0 to 10 V, 12 bit
- PWM signal mode: 2 x digital outputs configured for PWM signal
If additional electrical signal types need to be processed, the CX70xx can be expanded very easily on demand by adding EtherCAT Terminals or Bus Terminals to the integrated I/Os. Additional I/O terminals will be directly attached to the CX7000.
The Embedded PC is equipped with 512 MB microSD flash memory (with the option to upgrade to 1, 2, 4 or 8 GB). An Ethernet interface (10/100 Mbit/s, RJ45) serves as the programming interface. This means that the space-saving CX70xx is ideal for use as a cost-effective, stand-alone compact controller. In the version, peripheral devices such as displays, scanners or weighing systems can be connected via an additional serial interface (RS232/RS485). The extended operating temperature range between -25 and +60 °C enables application in climatically demanding situations.