We offer worldwide training courses for our products and technologies, always concentrating on direct local resources for our customers. The majority of these highly educational training courses are held in the respective national language.
In addition to the standard training courses, we also offer – among other things – training courses with specialised content, based on your individual needs. The content of these trainings will be discussed directly with you. Please get in touch with your local sales contact for more information
The training is provided at Beckhoff Training centres in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban and Port Elizabeth.
The course focuses on the TwinCAT 3 environment mainly using IEC 61131-3 programming protocols. The training is aimed at PLC programmers who are switching to the TwinCAT system, but who are familiar with high-level language concepts such as declaration of variables, variable classes and structures. It also covers integration of Microsoft Visual Studio® with TwinCAT 3.
- Laptop and mouse with Windows 7 or higher with administrator rights
- Processor clock speed of 1.8 GHz or faster; dual-core or better is recommended
- Main memory: 2 GB RAM, 4 GB RAM recommended
- Hard drive space: Up to 10 GB of the available memory
- Hard drive speed: It is recommended to use a Solid State Disk (SSD)
- Graphic card that supports a resolution of at least 720p (1208 x 720).
Support for a resolution of WXGA (1366 x 768) or higher is recommended.
Training dates are available on request. An official purchase order is required to secure a seat for the training session.
08:00 – 16:00 daily.
Beckhoff will provide lunch and refreshments as well as all training material.
The costs for the 3-day course is R13 475 per person.
* CPD point accreditation pending
The price above includes a hardware starter kit for each delegate’s personal use on completion of the training, consisting of the following equipment (pre-populated on a DIN rail stand):
- EK1818: EtherCAT coupler with integrated IO (8DI/4DO).
- EL6090: Display terminal with navigation switch and operating hours counter.
- EL9011: Bus end cap